Team Rubicon Canada (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘company’) is committed to respecting your personal privacy and recognizes that you may be concerned about the information you provide to us and how we treat that information.
This “Privacy Statement” has been established to inform you of our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the our websites (each, a “Website”), mobile applications, or other services and applications that link to this Privacy Statement (each and collectively, and including the Websites, the “Service” or “Services”). By accessing a Service, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, please do not access the Service. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the Services in general.
Team Rubicon Canada adheres to personal privacy legislation as outlined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- What Personal Information Do We Collect and Why?
Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) defines personal information, or PII (Personally Identifiable Information) as any information about a specific, identifiable individual, such as name, address, or phone number, but not including the name, title, business address or business phone number of an employee of an organization.
- What is Personally Identifiable Information?
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information about an identifiable individual, which may include name, address, email address, payment card information, birth date, employment history, veteran status, certain health related data, passport information and photographs. PII does not include aggregated information that does not allow you to be identified.
- Collecting Personal Information
You can decide what PII you provide us. We will collect PII that you choose to provide, via the Services. You may choose to provide us with PII if, for example, you: contact us with an inquiry; register with a Service; make a purchase; fill out a survey or other form with your PII included; request us to provide you with information; request us to contact you; post information to public areas of the Services; or take advantage of a promotion.
We may also collect information about you from other third parties, including demographic information, and combine this information with other information we collect about you.
- Traffic monitoring, for example: the IP address from which you access a Service, the type of browser and operating system used to access a Service, the date and time of your access to a Service, the pages you visit, the referencing URL, and the recognition of repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes.
- Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
- Compiling and reporting to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns, and related Service information.
We may connect the information that we collect through cookies and other technologies with PII that you provide to us for purposes, including:
- To customize or personalize your experience of a Service, for example, so that we can greet you on the Service by name.
- For transactional purposes, such as payment card purchases.
- To monitor your use of our Services in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible, for example, sending you email communications relevant to the parts of a Service that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Service that you have not accessed previously.
Can I block cookies?
You can disable the personalization features on our site by blocking cookies in your browser. If your browser is not set up this way, click the link that corresponds to your browser to change the settings.
To block cookies when using the browsers on your mobile device, refer to the procedure for turning cookies on or off in the Chrome and Safari apps.
- Do Not Track Disclosures
We may use tracking technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We will comply with web browser “do not track” signals that you may set in your web browser regarding the collection of PII about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
- Use of Information
Team Rubicon Canada is dedicated to ensuring the privacy and security of our donors. We use donor contact information (name, address, phone number, credit card information, email address) only to process donations and inform donors of Team Rubicon Canada’s progress towards our stated mission. Team Rubicon Canada does not sell, trade, or share any private donor contact information obtained in any way with other organizations. When donations are made through a third-party organization, donor information is only utilized to process the donation. Team Rubicon Canada operates through a secure site when charging credit cards for donations.
At any time, Team Rubicon Canada donors may opt out of mailing lists the organization uses to contact them. Team Rubicon Canada donors have the right to be informed of how the organization uses their donations, including having access to Team Rubicon Canada’s recent audited financial statements. Team Rubicon Canada also publicly lists their Board of Directors, who exercise prudent judgment in their governing responsibilities. Team Rubicon Canada donors may ask questions when making a donation and receive truthful and prompt answers. Team Rubicon Canada handles all donations with respect and confidentiality.
If donors have questions regarding their donations they can reach out to email@example.com.
We may use information collected from you in the following ways:
Internal Operations and Recruitment. We may use your PII to notify you about or connect you with our teams and missions so that we can deploy emergence response units and provide disaster relief to communities affected by natural disasters.
Marketing Communications. We may use your PII in order to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent organizations and any of their related businesses. You will also have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you via email. You may also unsubscribe from such communications at any time (see “Unsubscribe, Access, Questions and Further Information” below).
Marketing Analysis. We may use your information for marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to a Service. We may also share your non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any PII about you.
Charitable Donations. We may use your PII in order to process charitable donations you may wish to make via a Service. The PII you provide will be used by an authorized third party vendor to process such payment.
Transactional Purposes. We may use your PII in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions such as purchases for any products that you order from us or any of our agents, or for the fulfillment of such transactions (for example delivery). The PII you provide may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill that order.
Public (or Interactive) Areas of the Service. Information that you post on or through any public areas of the Services (for example, chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, us or others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of the Services are encouraged to exercise caution when providing PII about themselves in any public (or interactive) areas of a Service.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
In addition to the uses identified above, from time to time we may disclose PII to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, and other professional service providers; however, we shall not permit such service providers to collect, use or disclose the PII for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Our business partners for internal operational and customer relationship management purposes;
- Volunteers of our teams and missions so that we can deploy disaster response task forces so serve impacted communities;
- A person or entity, including our affiliates, to whom disclosure is required in order to fulfill one or more of the purposes described above in “Use of Information”;
- A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorized or appointed legal agent of the subject individual;
- A legal officer or other government official if permitted or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations;
- A merging party or purchaser in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of the business associated with the Services; and
- Any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- Transfer of PII
The PII that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country of residence (which may not provide the same level of protection as your country of residence). It may also be processed by staff, operating outside of your country of residence, who work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your PII, you consent to this transfer, storing, and processing.
- Children Under 13
The Services are only intended for individuals who are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly encourage or solicit visitors to our Services who are under the age of 13 or knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received PII from an individual under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password, and we urge you to take steps to keep your PII safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
- Unsubscribe, Access, Questions and Further Information
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you via email. If you have created an account through Roll Call, you can review, access, and change your PII by logging on to the Roll Call platform here: https://teamrubiconusa.csod.com. Further, if you have submitted any PII to us through our Services, you can review and change the PII that we hold about you by contacting us at the email address listed in “Contact Information” below. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Data Retention
We may retain PII we collect from you and PII you provide to us while your account is in existence or as necessary to provide the Services. We may retain such PII after your account has been terminated for research and development purposes and as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations and regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse, and enforce our Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, information we collect from you and information you provide to us may be retained for a limited period of time if requested by a governmental authority.
The Services may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control, including, for example, our many sponsor sites (http://teamrubiconusa.org/partners/) and social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Please be aware that we have no control over these sites and this Privacy Statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced sites that you enter.
- Social Media Platforms
The Services may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with your social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other social media services. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your PII on those services will be used. Your information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. You are encouraged to read all policies and information regarding the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information. By linking to or otherwise accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the information you provide on that service may be viewed or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
- Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may amend and update this Privacy Statement from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Service thereafter. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Your continued access of the Service following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance and agreement to the changes. If you object to any of the changes to this Privacy Statement, please stop accessing the Service. Please check this page frequently and review any changes to this Privacy Statement carefully so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
- Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup for notifications from Team Rubicon.
- Subscribers can expect to receive updates, without limitation, on Team Rubicon’s initiatives, information on current and upcoming deployments and training opportunities, and updates on the impact Team Rubicon and Greyshirts are having around the country.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: Rogers Communications
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive messages periodically based upon the tempo of operations, need and important Team Rubicon news. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2020 Team Rubicon, Inc.
All rights reserved. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.